Wednesday, September 3, 2008

missing you



There was a moment when we were sitting on the patio at Café Sandropol that I felt a tidal swelling of happiness.  It all happened in one fraction of a second.  You were sitting across from me, reading the news paper that we picked up at the entrance.  It felt as if every lonesome moment I waisted in the past was forgiven by the grace of your lowered eyelids.  Just you, me, and some curious ants, hidden away in the secret garden of the café.

The sky was grey today and it looked colder that it actually was.  I try not to think about how long it will be before I see you again...but somedays...somedays I actually manage to feel further from you than we already are.  I know it's a bit early for me to feel nostalgic. But, I know that someday I won't have to rely on memories to clear my skies.


No comments: