Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Holiday food-a-thon


Seems that way, anyhow. This week is going to be a gastronomical onslaught. Believe you me, there is no hope on the horizon...just an endless army of cake. Kiss those toned thighs goodbye and simply give in to the Lord of Lard.....Okay enough of that.

Its been busy/not busy since the last time I made a post here. I guess we have just been getting into the daily routine of things. Matt comes home every night to an experimental diner, then we rush off the gym to work off our sin. But life hasn't been all same-old-same-old. We had an interesting night peppered in here and there. Our new little Dutch friend invited us to spy on a blind date of hers, only to discover that her potential date had stood her up. But here's the kicker...the bastard had the gall to show up and hour later...with another date. Ding ding! I think we have a winner! More like a wiener...heh

Last night our classiest Francophone friend hosted a spectacular pre-Christmas dinner equipped with cranberry roasted pork and a giant Little Debbie cake. Really a classic Montreal holiday scene. Tomorrow night I plan to host my very own orphan-theme party (since Matt's parents are sunbathing on a cruise ship right about now and I am forbidden to leave the country until I'm legit). Im gonna serve gruel (chili) and crumbs (corn bread) for everyone!

Speaking of times spent with friends, I had this terrific wash of nostalgia come over me as I was driving through the frozen scenery today....I suddenly remembered one VERY hot summer in Denton, sitting in Tatiana's parked car, smoking cigarettes, drinking some nasty 40-ounce beverage and listening to a mix CD her boyfriend made her. We were just sitting there, feeling way more hip that we actually were...That was a good summer. When does summer hit Montreal again?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good time to me. Im jealous that you get to host cute parties at your cute space while looking like a vintage fashion plate! You can matt can always come to out place and make a bed in our lovesacs haha!

Im going to miss you this Christmas, one of these years both of us and our Matts will be able to all have another christmas together.