Thursday, May 27, 2010




Miss moon is peeking down and into my crescent shaped window tonight. A lonely girl who likes to hide her face and come out only when she feels the night is just right. Some nights she had rather just stay in and not come out at all. Just as the moon does, we all shift though our different cycles in life...evolving triumphantly or shrinking away into the darkness. I sometimes look at the moon and wonder who else is gazing up at that wonderful little face.

My mom called today to read me a story that I had written when I was in the 4th grade. It involved me building a time machine and traveling aaallllll the way to the year 2000 where there were friendly robots, flying cars, glittering buildings, and dogs with leashes that could walk themselves! Oh my! The fanciful year of 2000 sure looked pretty amazing way back in '94. I know of a few people who would love to have those self-walking pet leashes. What's funny is that I somewhat remember writing it. Although (unsurprisingly) my spelling was so...err...creative...in retrospect, my mother had wondered if I should of been tested for dyslexia. I guarantee you I was just too distracted with my drawings to pay any attention to my spelling.

Its official. Summer is here and we are spending approximately 100% of it on a roof...whether it be our own or someone else's. It started with Matt and I going atop of our building and enjoying the weather or sunset. Then it turned into candlelight dinners up there. Next we went with some friends to a rooftop movie night and soon after for a BBQ that involved alot of scuttling about on a roof. Matt and I have turned into little squirrels and soon enough people are going to start setting traps for us.

I'm back on the Etsy wagon and it feels good...got myself a new mannequin and a ton of stock to photograph. I've been out of the game for a while now, so I hope the market is still fresh! I know everyone and their duck now sells vintage junk on Etsy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.