Friday, April 24, 2009

I hope this is a sad song

I come home and open the song that I downloaded from my boyfriends MSN account. I hope its a sad one tonight...the song happily obliges. For the very first time I feel as if I come to some great understanding of my best friend's child hood. It took me so long, even before i knew her to realize how sad it is. I know she doesn't need my pity, but that she has my every most ounce of love for her well being and happiness. This all came to me as she showed me the final proof of the photo-book thats she publishing. The gravity of the photo that she has chosen for the cover has finally hit me...Its funny, because I have been aware of this photo for a while, but it has never reached me...I never understood its significants until now. A simple composition of a little bird singing, a clock, an old news clipping, and the faint shadow of a bird cage cast over the scene.

Tonight I came to realize that I have never had a better friend. And it breaks my heart to know that I won't always know her.

No comments: