Saturday, April 4, 2009

Im sorry, thats not for sale.

Lord, how long as it been since I was involved in a yard sale? AGES I tell you, AGES! Early this morning I dragged my lazy ass out of bed and gathered some of my unwanted clothes and accessories to sell in my friend's yard sale. It's got to be the easiest way to make any kind of money (albeit, not much money, but better than nothing). We pretty much just sat on the front steps of Susan's house, and shouted out prices to passerbys. Little Hispanic girls came and cleaned up the collection of jewelry I was offering. I loved how people would slowly roll by in their cars, stick their necks out the window, then speed away if the selection was not up to their yard-sale standards. It was really quite a spectacular sight: four kids sitting out on the lawn, smoking cigarettes, trying to sell a wild assortment of shoes, clown paintings, ill fitting clothes, and anime DVDs. Who WOULDN'T want to join in on the fun? It sounds incredibly dorky, but I felt pretty cool. Hahah.

No comments: