Saturday, June 20, 2009

Thrifter's paradise

Wow, I can't believe the winners that I picked out at the local thrift stores today! I think I have visited every secondhand store in the Denton/Lewisville area over this past week. What else is there to do? Work? Drink? Peshaaaawwwww.




This is the highwaisted denim skirt of my dreams! Its stretchy, comfortable and it doesn't make me look like I have a poochy-gut. Thats a winner in my books. The shirt and skirt were both purchased at this great little thrift store with the nicest owners. One of the girls who works there always gushes over the clothes that I bring up...She's totally adorable and slips me a discount or two.


Same skirt. The blouse was found at the same place as well. Its a long shirt with a tie collar and impressionist floral print. That bag was a total steal too. 3 bucks for a flawless leather shoulder bag? Yes please.



I know this walks the line between edgy and ugly ( you can be the judge). But I think its a great, classic 80's look with the hot pink and black "static" pattern and oversized cut


Cute red top that goes well with the only wide-legged pants I'll probably ever own. My wardrobe seriously needs some more "normal" pieces like this...its getting choked out by wild prints and vintage rejects. I told my friend the other day about this fact and she spoke the truth, " Oh Mary, don't lie to yourself...you like dressing like a weird-o". Well said, well said indeed.


2 comments:

Kati said...

Great new items!

KeithP said...

outfit with the waist belt looks great. lookin god